Friday, October 21, 2016

Crafting with Feminism by Bonnie Burton

Crafting with Feminism by Bonnie BurtonCrafting with Feminism: 25 Girl-Powered Projects to Smash the Patriarchy by Bonnie Burton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
publication: October 18th 2016 by Quirk Books

This is what a feminist crafter looks like! Wear your ideology on your sleeve by creating feminist merit badges (like “started an all-girl band” or “rocked roller derby”). Prove that the political is personal with DIY power panties (“No means no”). Craft great feminist hero finger puppets (Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Frida Kahlo) or googly-eyed tampon buddies. Fun sidebars provide background on (s)heroes of the feminist movement.


Don't look now but I think I've decided what I'm getting a few people for Christmas.

This is so much fun I don't even know where to begin!
Both with this review and the projects.

Absolutely love the creative ideas that will definitely make a statement. From the simple to the funny; they all had me wanting to jump up and start making them immediately.
I want to try them all!

(Truthfully the only reason I haven't is because I'm missing supplies.)

2 comments:

  1. I've seen this book online and wondered if it was any good. Thanks for the review. I'll add it to my ever growing reading wishlist.

    ReplyDelete