Monday, October 3, 2016

It's Monday! What Are you Reading?

I think I've moved past my reading slump from last month into a reading funk. I'm gladly reading, but once I finish I just stare at my other books unsure where to go next. And randomly picking and starting one is, of course, a bad idea since then I'll just end up with a stack of books I gave up on a few pages in.

Been there, did not love that.


I'm sure it won't last too much longer.

Books I've read since my last post:

The Drawing Lesson: A Graphic Novel That Teaches You How to DrawThe Drawing Lesson: A Graphic Novel That Teaches You How to Draw by Mark Crilley

Review up tomorrow.




Wonder Women: 25 Innovators, Inventors, and Trailblazers Who Changed HistoryWonder Women: 25 Innovators, Inventors, and Trailblazers Who Changed History by Sam Maggs

Review this Friday.




Dancing Through Life: Steps of Courage and ConvictionDancing Through Life: Steps of Courage and Conviction by Candace Cameron Bure
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Review soon(ish).




City on Fire: A Novel of PompeiiCity on Fire: A Novel of Pompeii by T.L. Higley


DNF
I'm giving up, just not feeling it. Sadly this is the second novel set in Pompeii that I haven't finished.




I'm sure it seems like a lot but that's a two week span and pretty quick reads.


Reading this week:
Glitter Tales of the Alhambra

6 comments:

  1. The Drawing Lesson seems cool. My son is big into making his own comics these days, so I'm on the lookout for books that will help him grow as a writer/artist.

    I hope you find the perfect book to break the funk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend The Drawing Lesson for aspiring artists, it's a great walk through.

      Delete
  2. Wonder Women looks like such an awesome book, I really need to get my hands on a copy of this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's something I will probably be telling a lot of people.

      Delete
  3. I liked the book by Candace Cameron Bure. She seems very grounded. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I both read it and had it on audio and she really does seem down to earth.

      Delete