Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Song(s) of the Moment [10/11]



Songs of the Moment is a bi-monthly feature I started where I pick a song that represents the week, day or month; that fits with a moment I recently had. Or that's been on repeat.


I had songs picked for this week, just ones that remind me of this summer. But as I was getting ready to put this post together I saw a music video that reminded me of another song- I'll explain that in a minute- and immediately got that stuck in my head so decided to save the other songs for another day.



Any guesses what could have been in the music video that made me think of this?
Answer: Everything this song is singing against.

In defense of most country singers not all of them are objectifying women. Some actually make you think "Wow, are you even real?"
Kudos to those writing love songs to their wives.

This did make me notice that there is somewhat of a separation in the genre; on one side there's the "party" group that mainly do good time, drinking songs. And then the "down to earth" group that usually hits home with every song.
Only a few manage to walk the line between.


Speaking of hitting home.
This song probably came out around the time I really started listening to country music, so that's one reason its stuck. But I think it's also one song that always comes back to me.

And makes me want to cry.
That is a warning.


No comments:

Post a Comment