Friday, November 4, 2016

21 Myths (Even Good) Girls Believe about Sex by Jennifer Strickland - Book Review

21 Myths (Even Good) Girls Believe about Sex: Pursuing Love with Passion and Purity21 Myths (Even Good) Girls Believe about Sex: Pursuing Love with Passion and Purity by Jennifer Strickland
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

21 Myths (Even Good) Girls Believe about Sex uncovers the most believed untruths girls have about dating and sex. With honest, straight-forward language Christian author Jennifer Strickland shares the myths, the truths, and the practical ways you can enjoy the pursuit of passion and purity.



A bit preachy. And by "a bit" I mean incredibly.
Of the 21 "myths" I only believe 2, so I don't know what that says about me on the "good girl" chart.
Myth #5: It's my body and I get to choose.
Truth #5: It's not your body, but you do get to choose.

Um, no IT IS MY BODY! My own to do what I want with.

Myth #7: I plan my pregnancies.
Truth #7: God controls the womb.

Again, NO! It's still my body, I'm controlling it! (Except when it decides to go rouge and do it's own thing.) If/when I get pregnant it will be on me.

I recently read another book on the topic of women and sex, which was basically the complete opposite of this book. That book was an informative awakening.
This one, not so much.

I'm sure it has a few good tibits; but really it's like the aunt who thinks she's "so cool" so she's taken it upon herself to tell you what SHE THINKS you should know.
Crazy aunt is wrong and so is giving this book to anyone outside a church group.
These aren't myths, they're beliefs.


I received this book via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment