Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Top Ten Books To Read If Your Book Club Likes...

"Real World" Set Fantasies.

By which I mean fantasies that aren't your usual fantasies.
Obviously.

No magical lands, no wizards, no talking animals, no fairies or elves. Books set in our world where no one expects to find magic.
But stuff happens anyway.



1) The Hereafter by Jessica Bucher
Alright I lied, this one doesn't take place in the real world but the "hereafter." The characters are dead and in the afterlife, but it still totally works with everything I said.

2) Teen Frankenstein by Chandler Baker
Modern day Frankenstein, need I say more?

3) Minders by Michele Jaffe
This is more of a futuristic fantasy.

4) When by Vitoria Laurie
No magic, just a girl who can tell people when they'll die.

5) John Dreamer by Elise Celine
I lied again, this is also set in another world.

6) 11 Birthdays by Wendy Mass
It's basically Groundhog Day set in a middle school.

7) Juliet Immortal by Jay Stacey
The story of Romeo and Juliet continued; in a modern day high school.

8) Brightest Kind of Darkness by P.T Michelle
I never managed to describe this one.

9) Avalon High by Meg Cabot
This one is really more of a retelling.

10) The Diviners by Libba Bray
Ghost in 1920's New York!

2 comments:

  1. I read John Dreamer a long time ago, and unfortunately I didn't like it too much. It seemed to unrealistic and far fetched. I so love Meg Cabot's Avalon High!

    Great List!

    Aditi @ http://athousandwordsamillionbooks.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember saying that when I reviewed John Dreamer, I totally understand why not everyone would like it. It is pretty out there.

      Delete