Friday, December 30, 2016

#1 of 2016 - Hereafter by Jessica Bucher

29536434The Hereafter by Jessica Bucher
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Published March 18th 2016 by Smashwords Edition

Nin has no recollection of her death.
The things she does remember, like her cruel boyfriend, troubled father, and absent mother, she’d like to forget.
Dylan doesn’t need to remember his death to know that he deserved it. Who needs memories when you have the scars?
Sparks ignite when the two, very different, strangers meet. Together they spend one endless summer exploring their new world. Suddenly, their after-lives hold more possibility and promise than their tragic teenage lives ever did.
But no dream lasts forever, and all too soon, harmful memories from their pasts emerge and threaten to tear them apart. Given the chance to change their fates, Nin and Dylan must decide-- life or love.
Weaving through past and present and alternating perspectives, The Hereafter is an emotional journey about young love and second chances.





Beautifully Shattering

First thought right after I finished reading: "Because I haven't been crying enough lately." I was kind of a mess (all for my own reasons) the last few days while reading this, but then as I was getting to the end I knew this was going to shatter me.
I was already cracked this just needed to finish me off.

This had me from the very beginning, I was ready to give it the five stars long before I even hit the halfway point. It's an amazing, one of a kind story that I absolutely fell in love with. It's in a very limited class with those few other books that left me a little sad because I knew I would never find anything like it again.

Instead of stars I think I'd rather give it hearts; because I have so much love for these two characters and their story(-ies).


7 Months Later:

❤❤❤❤❤

Like with #2 yesterday there is so much love for this books.

It's an amazing, one of a kind story that I absolutely fell in love with. It's in a very limited class with those few other books that left me a little sad because I knew I would never find anything like it again.

I think I said it all there.

No comments:

Post a Comment