Thursday, December 22, 2016

#9 of 2016 - Harry Potter and the Cursed Child


29056090
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Published July 31st 2016 by Pottermore

Based on an original new story by J.K. Rowling, Jack Thorne and John Tiffany, a new play by Jack Thorne, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is the eighth story in the Harry Potter series and the first official Harry Potter story to be presented on stage. The play will receive its world premiere in London’s West End on July 30, 2016.

It was always difficult being Harry Potter and it isn’t much easier now that he is an overworked employee of the Ministry of Magic, a husband and father of three school-age children.

While Harry grapples with a past that refuses to stay where it belongs, his youngest son Albus must struggle with the weight of a family legacy he never wanted. As past and present fuse ominously, both father and son learn the uncomfortable truth: sometimes, darkness comes from unexpected places.




My First Midnight Release

Truth behind that "midnight release:" I was home and the book was delivered to my Nook (fondly known as Linky) at like 9 or 10 because I'm in the West coast. I'm not a fan of crowds and there is no bookstore near me. I had thought of pre-ordering it but then I realized I'd want the rest of the series which I don't have because I definitely do not have the room (notice I said room and not space, I will always find the space for more books. The room is the problem.)

Not only was this my "first midnight release" but it was also my first new Harry Potter book. I just read the series last year, so unlike all the other fans before me that were old pros in getting the new books this was a first for me.

It might also be my first time actually reading Harry Potter since I did the entire series through audiobook (a lot of it was while I was working).

I liked it. The format of it being the script from the play was so fun, and sometimes I prefer a lot more dialog to descriptions, so it was a total breeze to get through.



Favorite Quotes:

"In every shining moment of happiness is that drop of poison: the knowledge that pain will come again. Be honest to those you love, show your pain. To suffer is as human as to breathe.”


“Those we love never truly leave us, Harry. There are things that death cannot touch.”

No comments:

Post a Comment