Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Song of the Moment [12/6]

Songs of the Moment is a bi-monthly feature I started where I pick a song that represents the week, day or month; that fits with a moment I recently had. Or that's been on repeat.

I saw my first Esther Williams movie last summer (actually it was probably more than a few years ago I just didn't acknowledge her much) and have been a fan ever since. I just recently saw Neptune's Daughter, although I'll admit that I slept through most of the first half, I'll turn the TV on in the morning but not really wake up for awhile.
I was somewhat in and out with the plot so far; but a familiar tune woke me up pretty quick.





I was pretty indifferent to this song in the past, especially with the yearly conversations that arise about it but I'm kind of really into it now.
It fits well with the context of the movie, and as someone who spends a lot of time watching things from the past I can't overthink things like that because, well, it was a different time.

I'll watch these movies and have moments where I feel like something is being insinuated but I can never tell if it's true or if it's just my 21st century mind frame; which leads me to just let it go.

No comments:

Post a Comment