Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Song of the Moment [1\9]

Songs of the Moment is a bi-monthly feature I started where I pick a song that represents the week, day or month; that fits with a moment I recently had. Or that's been on repeat.

I've shared this story before so I'll try to stick to the highlights: Ever since 2009 I've picked a song and sometimes quote (or maybe just the line from a song) to represent my year. Or at least the mind frame I want for the year.
Last year's Smile was a little to appropriate for the entire year and that was a first.
Normally by the end of the year I come to the conclusion that life is NOT a ball. Even though I tried to know it, though I still believe that it's all just waiting for me. Even if I've been making it wait for a very long time. (I'm referencing a Bye Bye Birdie song, by the way.)


I try to keep them inspirational in some way, which might be why so many of them have been from musicals or country songs.

This year's song came to me when I read something comparing life to a book and I remembered the line in this song "life's like a novel with the end ripped out." So I decided that's how I was going to live this year, the same way I read a book (though obviously not a great book because I'd devour that in a few days) one page at a time, in suspense because there is no end written, and just with the constant reminder that it's a lot like a choose you're own adventure book I get to pick which path I take but I still won't know where it leads 'til I get there.

Actually that might be a really bad analogy for me because I have lost sleep thinking about what would happen next in the books I've read or the outcomes. Then again I've lost sleep thinking about my own life so no major changes there I guess.



Songs stuck in my head:

I've had this song stuck in my head for I don't know how long, but it kind of got on my nerves to a point where I kind of didn't want to share it, but here we are anyway.



This one was most likely stuck in my head because when looking for the first song I ended up listening to the rest of them. But it was one of those songs that even though I haven't heard in a long time it was like no time had gone by at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment