Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Song(s) of the Moment [1/23]

Songs of the Moment is a bi-monthly feature I started where I pick a song that represents the week, day or month; that fits with a moment I recently had. Or that's been on repeat.

I can't say either of these songs fit the above description, they're really more like "throwbacks." (And as I write that I'm reminded that I'm not a fan of that word.


I personally feel that the whole "Throwback Thursday" and whatever other day people share old pictures of themselves takes away from the random charm of "hey! look I found a picture from that camping trip 20 years ago."

But I'm weird and tend to go against the grain.

First song came up while I was reading a book that mentioned it, so naturally I had to look up why it was so appropriate to the topic.


The book was 30 Things Every Woman Should Have and Should Know by the Time She's 30, if you're wondering. It's interesting and a pretty good read, but not something to base your life around.

Second song; no real story the movie She's All That was on the other day and I had it playing in the background.
I remember loving this song so much, when it came out.


Can I say I was a kid in the 90's and watching some teen movies from the time make me really uncomfortable. But then again the only teen movie my generation had was Mean Girls, and I'd rather not sit through that one either so maybe it's just the genre.

While looking up this song I was a little surprised I never shared it before because I remember mentioning it a few years ago when I joined a YA Prom blog event and said my ideal prom would include a dance scene where everyone knows the dance like the one in the movie. So I guess there was a story behind my pick of this song. I saw that scene and randomly remembered that blog event.



Last minute add on:

No comments:

Post a Comment