Monday, January 9, 2017

Thought-Filled Thought: On to Another Year

I'm not late with this post, I just had no intention on writing anything like it.
Much like last week's final "but not really final" 2016 post, I have nothing to say about this new year either.
Has it really only been a week?
Pretty sure in the above post I also mentioned  my days feeling prolonged, apparently that has not worn off.
I had already jumped into this year posting three reviews last week, but I think that might be a bit of my problem.
Yeah, me being productive is a problem.

I guess I shouldn't call it a problem, the real problem is I stopped thinking midsentence there and have no clue where I was going with that thought.

Moving on, my point with this post is probably the same issue I have every year around this time I just can't get back into the swing of things. And then when I finally do it's so mundane. (Oh good I'm back to using that word.)

Point of this post: I just need to write. I'm currently trying to get in the habit of writing out the things I need to do, I started in September and it's more or less been going well-ish. I think now it's just a matter of managing my time better.

I want to give more to this blog- as if I haven't said that before- for all that I've tried starting and have given up (actually still trying with more than a few) I don't want it to just be reviews and music. Because, at the moment, that's all I have planned.

Much like my first year where there were a lot of book trailers.
I actually want to go back to sharing book trailers!
I do and I don't want to do daily post or more likely three to four a week at least. Do because, like I said, I don't want it to be the same old thing once or twice a week. Don't because, well, that is a bit much.
I like my infrequent frequency.

I have many plans both for the blog and my own life, I need to write those plans down because, really, they're no good to me rattling in my head. Unfortunately I'm the "great idea in the middle of the night while I'm trying to sleep" type so by morning it's just a hazing memory.


Point of this post: just to write. I'll sit in front of my computer without a clue to what I'm doing so I might as well write. Hopefully something non-rambling, but I never know until I'm halfway in. Yes I'm forcing myself to do so, but it's not a force because I feel I have to. It's really a "I'm not doing anything else with my time let's write."

Please no "I wish I had time to do nothing," thoughts (I once had a guy talk to me, while I was trying to work, for about 40 minutes who then said "I wish I had time to read like you do," dude you just wasted almost an hour of both our lives on nothing) I am most likely putting something off. I have been for a very long time.
Which is exactly why I need to get all those middle of the night thoughts out of my head.


I can't say if there'll be much of an effect here, will this be the year I suddenly stop? Probably not I already promised myself at least two more years, so maybe that'll be next year. Of course, that's just a plan. As I've said before when discussing this, who knows what will happen and cause me to have to stop.

It's all just a new focus. I'm picking a "new path."
And I'm going to stop that train of thought before it sounds any more like the same old new year's resolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment