Monday, March 27, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?



I have to confess, I have so not been in the mood to do anything. Which, seeing it written out, makes me think that's nothing really new for me. If it were new I wouldn't have just spent the last hour making a playlist with songs from movies where the characters are ready to go. Mainly Disney Princesses.

If I could I would just stop and read for a few days.

Books read since last post:

There I Go Again: How I Came to Be Mr. Feeny, John Adams, Dr. Craig, KITT, and Many OthersThere I Go Again: How I Came to Be Mr. Feeny, John Adams, Dr. Craig, KITT, and Many Others by William Daniels
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

William Daniels will be 90 at the end of this month. I was unaware of that fact until I got to the end of this book and he mentioned almost being 90. I guess he's one of the few that I've always considered timeless.

William Daniels is not like other actors, he wasn't "discovered" nor was it his dream, he was pretty much thrown into it at a very young age by his mother. Therefore this isn't like other actors stories. As someone who was once a film student and met many people with different aspirations for the field I always say they had stars in their eyes, and I don't think Daniels ever did have those stars. He just did it to do it, maybe to be a part of the creation of something.
He never had those "stars" and kept it real, there's no camouflaging the truth to make him look good, it's just an honest story of his life in show business.


FULL REVIEW
I received this book via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review




Too Taboo: An Erotic Romance Anthology: Absolve Me\Twice as Hard\Seduction Squad: CapturedToo Taboo: An Erotic Romance Anthology: Absolve Me\Twice as Hard\Seduction Squad: Captured by Morgaine Cameron
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.5
It wasn't until I was on the last of these three stories that I realized it had a fantasy theme. All the characters were living out some erotic fantasy they have, and as if it wasn't hot enough already I think that realization shot it up so much. There's something about the idea of living out one's fantasy that really appeals to me. It's a lost of inhibitions, 'this is who I am and this is what I want to be;' if just for that moment.
It's about letting yourself go like there's no tomorrow. It's about escape from the usual. I've said this before about erotic romances, but that's the point to stories like this, to go somewhere you've only dreamed of, or maybe never even imagined.

Each author did an amazing job of bringing her own view of what can be to this book.


I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

The Devil's PrayerThe Devil's Prayer by Luke Gracias


Still slowly working on a review. Fingers crossed I have it by Friday.





Madame Tussaud: A Novel of the French RevolutionMadame Tussaud: A Novel of the French Revolution by Michelle Moran
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Maybe a low 4, Marie got kind of annoying at times.
And probably wasn't entirely in the mind frame to read about a country in turmoil and the horrible things it lead to. Although that being said, the horrible outcome was pretty well written.



Reading this week:

Red Queen (Red Queen, #1)
And another for a review tour which I think I might have to step back from since, while I am liking it, I'm not loving it enough for a praiseful review.

4 comments:

  1. Ahh...a few days just to read...doesn't that sound wonderful? I could use that myself!

    Looks like you have read a nice variety recently. Hope your latest gets better for you.

    Enjoy your books this week & let that playlist motivate you!

    Sue

    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't it? I'd settle for just a day. A few years ago I would do that on the day I didn't have class and it was just the best.

      Delete
  2. I'm drawn to the cover of Red Queen but a few people that I know who read it were just so-so about it. Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't say I've had to many mixed comments about it, I'm still not too far in to give a verdict but it does have my attention. Hopefully I do like it since I'm going to an author signing this weekend. 😊

      Delete