Monday, March 27, 2017

Songs of the Moment [3/21]

Songs of the Moment is a bi-monthly feature I started where I pick a song that represents the week, day or month; that fits with a moment I recently had. Or that's been on repeat.


For some reason I'm more likely not to share a song when I actually have a song in mind.
My brain has kind of been on vacation this, well, month if I'm being honest. I saw Dan Stevens (from Beauty and the Beast) earlier this month and after that everything has been kind of a blur. Really, my notebook has a note about it on March 6 and I didn't write anything else the entire week. What did I do? I don't have a clue. The following week I had to deal with some pretty stressful things so I know I shut down. Last week more personal stuff but I also went to see the musical An American in Paris.

Have I done anything productive?
Well I did plan out which books I'll need for next month's book events. So, no not really.

This week I am sharing songs from musicals. Two of which I already mentioned. And one that I so didn't want to ever share here.

Let's start with the one that represents my week:


I've share I've Got Rhythm before when mentioning the movie this show is based on, but it's also 1 of 3 that is in both.
Everything else is new(ish) They Can't Take that Away from Me is one of my favorite songs that I first heard in a Fred Astaire movie (pretty sure it's not the only one in this either.)


Next, the one that obviously fits with a moment I had this month since I did just admit that's all I really remember:



I didn't want to share any from the movie because I'm sure they've been heard enough. (Not that there is such a thing.) Plus I love the medleys Lindsey Stirling does.



And the song from the musical I never wanted to share here: ( though I have no real reason for not wanting to)

My reason for this song goes with something I said years ago, (I had hoped to find a more recent referenced but ended up having to go pretty far back, plus side I discovered that I've been wanting to do a song of the moment for a long while) about how there's always one song that really mellows me out. And  the other day, I don't even remember what was wrong but I've clearly needed to mellow this month this one did it.

I am fairly new to Hamilton, people would talk about it but I never put too much thought into. I think I kept telling myself to check out the soundtrack but, like a lot of things I say I'll do, never did. It wasn't until earlier this year that it started playing on Pandora.
And playing and playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment