Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Future of the Blog

I am probably not in the best mind frame to be writing this right now, so let's just put out that disclaimer. I am most likely not of sound mind right now.

I write that and feel like it's an excuse for getting drunk and married in Vegas.


This thought goes along with what I said earlier this week:

I honestly don't want to think too much about how I've been doing this for six years now, mainly because it'll just lead to me question what I've been doing these past six years.
Other than reading some pretty awesome books.

I don't want to think about the last six years, nor do I want to wonder what I'll be doing this time next year. Or even six months from now.


The point of this post is to address something I wrote last year:

Will I be doing this in two more years?
It's something I've been asking myself often. I won't say it's kept me up at night but it probably does make an appearance when I'm already awake thinking about everything else....


I've decided that I will be pushing this blog to seven. I'm promising myself (and this blog) right here right now that there will be a seventh blogoversary. It may be my last but it will happen.


I'm not sure if it's entirely my "current mind frame' because this thought has been running through my mind for a while but I think my 7th blogoversary will be my last.

And I mean my last everything. Like at the end there will be a goodbye post.
So basically yes, the end of this week might be the beginning of the end for me.

As I also say in the above post my argument for not wanting to stop has always been:

I remind myself that I'm not going to stop reading the books that I review and thanks to this blog I've found so many books and authors that I might have otherwise never known.
And that's not something I'd like to walk away from.


I don't want to walk away from that. But, it might be time to start thinking about it.

I don't want to be a once in a while blogger. "Hey I read a book, let's see if I remember my password and write a review on that blog I haven't updated in months." (At the end of last year I went down the list of blogs I follow and if the last post was more than six months I unfollowed them.) I want to give, at least, 85-90%. Let's face it, I'm not now giving 100%. I also don't want to be just reviews, that's what Goodreads is for. 
This blog is a part of my life, and for me you're either all in or out. I'm not a sit around and wait until I get acknowledged type and I don't want to do that to this blog.

When I started this blog I was an unsure 21 year old, and now that I'm an unsure 27 year old, I think it's time that I be sure of one thing.
And that's that I know this can't go on forever. That it's time to start focusing on other things. What those things are, I don't know. Like I've said multiple times before I don't let things get in my way of blogging. Life get's busy but this has always been my landing place.
I guess I now have a year to find a new landing place.

Something else I've said before is that I know I can take a break from this, I don't have to post faithfully because I know there is no one out there wondering what I'm up to (which is why I unfollowed those blogs) I can disappear and a new blog will come along. A new blog can come along now and push me aside. I've always done it for me.
And I think this time next year I'll have given everything I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment