Monday, April 10, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


I can't help but notice I read a lot in February. March, not as much. Although I did take a break for about a week so I guess I should consider that. Plus February had some pretty quick reads.

April will probably be the same since I'm not only taking my time with the books I'm currently reading, but I'm also avoiding one as if it were an eager guy who thinks something might happen between us because I smiled. (Or because we're both single, the right age, gender and race. It's happened; if I had a book for every "Meet this guy he's young, single and Mexican!" I'd have a libraries worth of books. PS I'm not even Mexican and don't care about such things.)

Because I couldn't just say "I'm avoiding it like the plague." This book is a love hate situation, which is actually why I had to postpone my scheduled review for it. As much as I want to finish it, which I totally could have by now, I can't spent too much time with it either.


Books read since my last post:

Misguided Angel (Blue Bloods, #5)Misguided Angel by Melissa de la Cruz
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Apparently I can't read when I'm upset, but I have no problem listening to audiobooks while staring at the wall.




Lost in Time (Blue Bloods, #6)Lost in Time by Melissa de la Cruz
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I let so much time pass with these books that I am so ready to finish them now.






Reading this week:
Dangerous Rock (Dangerous Noise, #3) Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) A Million Junes Gates of Paradise (Blue Bloods, #7)

If you're curious I'm avoiding Dangerous Rock, which is probably also being affected by my usual thoughts on romances, sometimes I'm into them sometimes I'm not. But like I already said there's a lot of love hate going on for me too.

2 comments:

  1. It's ok to DNF the book if it's not working for you. Even if it's an ARC, you're not obligated to review it.

    I'm posting while on my road trip, thanks to my trusty smart phone. It's Monday! What are your reading?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh trust me I'm well aware of that. I've got a list of ARCs I never finished. I'm only, maybe, 60ish pages from finishing and I do want to but it's just my current mind frame. I'm kind of looking forward to the review I'll write. Sorry to the author because it will most likely be a pro and con list but I do want to.

      Delete