Monday, April 24, 2017

Spring Into Horror Readathon

I shouldn't be admitting this but what the hell. Last week I had a total mental melt down. It was basically one of those "I'm sick and tired of the way things are, I need to get the hell out!" But of course if I could I would have done so by now.
I've actually gone on about this a bit before here, yes it is recurring, so let's just move on. Especially since I just realized that the Winter Read-a-thon also ended on a bit of a down note. I do have happy moments, none that immediately come to mind but this week seems promising. She says while sitting alone in a house that is peacefully quiet.

For obvious reasons I wasn't able to join the read-a-thon last week, well the obvious and I was trying to figure out what I was reading. I did manage to finish 3 books despite everything.


Reading this week:
My 'Horror' though really more like mystery book:
Vampires of Manhattan (The New Blue Bloods Coven, #1)

Everything else:
Every Last Word Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga, #2)

All three being read because I hope (fingers crossed) to meet all three authors at YALLWEST this weekend, and I'd much rather go in saying that I have read the books I'm getting signed. Though it's never a problem if I haven't, which will be the case with two other books.
And fingers really crossed that my copy of Now I Darken shows up by Friday. (Now I Rise is an advance ecopy.)

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with your reading goals!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry things haven't been going well. Hope things get better for you.

    I'm glad you're joining in on the readathon. I hope you enjoy it and it helps take your mind off things. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I have no doubt books will help a bit.
      The fact that I do want to read is a good one because sometimes I get so upset that I don't even want to look at my books.

      Delete