Sunday, April 9, 2017

Stacking the Shelves [4/9]

Stacking the Shelves

I have not done a Stacking the Shelves post since 2014, I'm not sure why, it's not like I stopped buying books. I would like to think I slowed down a bit, showed some 'shelf' control, but that's doubtful.
I do think there has been a bit of control. Leading up to this moment that brought me back here.

It's book event month here in Los Angeles, meaning that there's two huge book festivals coming up: Los Angeles Times Festival of Books and YALLWEST. (I also like to throw in the read-a-thons and my blogoversary into my personal calendar too.)

I didn't go to any of these events last year and I'm not so sure how much I was planning on going this year until I decided that I wanted to get my EpicReads Book Shimmy tote bag signed by authors, and this would be a perfect chance for that.

Actually got it started last weekend:
Margaret Stohl, Marie Lu, Victoria Aveyard
The problem with my return to the book festival world is that in previous years I've gone with books that I've either won or have gotten as gifts. That's not so much the case this time around and have needed to buy all but two books. (It would have been three but I gave the I'd have bought it eventually anyway excuse.)
My bank account is ready to start screaming.

And I still need three or four, I'm waiting for the schedule to come out to be sure I'll even be able to make the signings before I buy them all. Sacrifices will have to be made I'm sure.

Book's I've bought (so far):

Royce Rolls The Young Elites Hollow City (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #2) A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird, #1) Red Queen (Red Queen, #1)
Delirium (Delirium, #1)

Borrowed:

We Should All Be Feminists

1 comment: