Monday, May 22, 2017

It's Monday! What Are you Reading?

It's been a month since I decided that this would be my last year blogging. And while at the time I was probably thinking I'd be going out with a bang, in the weeks since I've been thinking why even go on. I feel like I already threw in the towel, like why bother continuing if I already decided that my time here would be ending.
Most likely culprit for this mood: for some reason last month I stopped scheduling everything. Back in September I tried to take up bullet journaling and while I'm not too crazy about how I'm doing it, (mainly because I don't feel like I have so many reasons to be doing it) I was pretty into the idea and was maybe hoping to grow with it.
But at some point last month I just stopped, which is too bad because a lot should have been written down. And as much as I wanted to start up again this month I couldn't get back in the habit.
Fingers crossed for June.

And fingers crossed that I get back in the writing mood too, because I am not done here. Yet.


One page I had in that journal was books I read, I don't know if that one made it past February. (The movie one is probably worse.)

Books I've been reading:

A Million JunesA Million Junes by Emily Henry
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

I did and didn't like it. More did than didn't so I probably shouldn't even mention it; but it was just a few minor details that left me wondering what the point was since they had nothing to do with the overall story.
The overall story was great. It was a perfect blend of magical realism, romance and a bit of mystery. I loved the world it created and the descriptions that made me feel like I was there along side them.
The romance was very sweet there was never not a moment where I wasn't thinking "You two NEED to be together!"

Other than the world it created I also like where it took me mentally. It had me stopping every once in awhile to just think. It was a personal mind frame, but I guess everyone has thoughts about losing a love one in the overall sense.

While I think I have my picky list of things towards the book that left me wanting a bit more, I did enjoy reading it very much and am sure a lot of people will love it.

We Should All Be FeministsWe Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
My rating: 4 of 5 stars






Every Last WordEvery Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It's such a complex topic but the book itself feels so simple. (That's a good thing). It's understandable and even relatable. It's not just a deep rabbit hole of Sam's thoughts and emotions that'll just make you think "Oh poor thing." I actually never thought that and I don't think I was suppose to; I was suppose to understand her and I did.

Whatever it is we don't, and never will, know a person's whole story, the best we can do is be there and try.

Hollywood Candid: A Photographer RemembersHollywood Candid: A Photographer Remembers by Murray Garrett
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Found at used book store: .99 cents plus Buy One Get One, got home and realized it was signed by the photographer!



Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga, #2)Now I Rise by Kiersten White

REVIEW SOON






Keys to the Repository (Blue Bloods, #4.5)Keys to the Repository by Melissa de la Cruz
My rating: 4 of 5 stars






Bloody Valentine (Blue Bloods, #5.5)Bloody Valentine by Melissa de la Cruz
My rating: 4 of 5 stars






Cruel BeautyCruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
My rating: 2 of 5 stars




The Handy MenThe Handy Men by Jamie K. Schmidt

REVIEW SOON






Reading this week:

Vincent and Theo: The Van Gogh Brothers Vampires of Manhattan (The New Blue Bloods Coven, #1) Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

No comments:

Post a Comment