There's still time to join the reading challenge before it starts this Saturday.
The story behind it:
So many years ago, (maybe five) I was invited to join a summer reading challenge, which I loved so much that I was always looking for someone to do it again or something like it.
When I didn't find any I decided to look into it and discovered that the original blog that first hosted it no longer exists, like click on the link and get weird car ads, non-existing. I thought maybe the blogger (her name is Kate) just decided to change blogs but nope. If she did I didn't find any trails leading to her.
I loved doing this challenge so much that I hope she won't mind me taking it and giving it another home.
And inviting others to join in.
This is the third year doing it so I'm sure it's totally alright.
The challenge: Read a book for every category.
The categories are:
1. One Book Recommended By A Friend.
2. One Book That Has Been Sitting On Your Shelf For Over A Year.
3. One Book That Is Being Turned Into A Movie
4. One Book From Your To Be Read List.
5. One Book Guaranteed to Make You Smile or Cry.
6. One Classic.
7. One Book You Started But Never Finished.
8. One New Release.
9. One Book That Is Outside of Your Typical Genre.
10. One Chunkster (400+ Pages).
BONUS: One Book You Read A Long Time Ago And Don't Remember.*
Challenge runs June 3 to September 3.
I'd love it if you'd join me!
Just leave links with the books you plan on reading in the comments. I'll add an official link up if enough people show interest.
List of course are not set in stone and can be changed. And as for where you're making these list it can be anywhere you want, if you can share a list of books go for it.
*I know a lot of people don't like rereading, and got a few comments on that category so I decided to make it a bonus for anyone interested.*
What I'll be reading:
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Mass
- Hunted by Abi Ketner & Missy Kalicicki
Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha ChristieREAD JUNE 15
- Hustler by Meghan Quinn
- Royce Rolls by Margaret Stohl
- The Curse of Capistrano (aka The Mark of Zorro) by Johnston McCulley
- The Heir by Kiera Cass (This was my "New Release" choice the year it came out but I don't remember why I had to stop reading it.)
- Royal Crush by Meg Cabot
- Tempting Sydney by Angela Corbett
- Days of Blood and Starlight by Lani Taylor
- Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs