Friday, June 9, 2017

Vampires of Manhattan by Melissa de la Cruz - Book Review

23288927Vampires of Manhattan by Melissa de la Cruz
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Published July 7th 2015 by Hyperion                          

From the bestselling author of Blue Bloods and Witches of East End comes a new novel that explores the battle between good and evil, in the city that never sleeps...VAMPIRES OF MANHATTAN: The New Blue Bloods Coven

You'll devour Melissa de la Cruz's hot new adult novel, in which her Blue Bloods immortals have matured and are now exposed to new challenges, new loves, new threats, and a haute, hot hipster lifestyle.

It is ten years after the great War with Lucifer, and the Coven has rebuilt. Leader of the Fallen, Oliver Hazard-Perry, plans to celebrate this prosperity by throwing a 400 Year Ball-and all Blue Blood society will be there.

And then, all hell breaks loose....



The only thing I hate is that I waited so long to read it.
First, of course, I had to finish the original series (not that it was entirely necessary but it did help and I was already halfway through) that I enjoyed but did not love as much as I did this book.

I loved seeing seeing characters I've been familiar with for so long in a new setting. Seeing them all grown up in their new lives ten years later. Had I been following them since the first book, Blue Bloods, came out I'd have been 16 and would have partially grown up along with them, (I didn't. I started the series when I was 21.) and I feel like this book is a love letter to those readers who stood by these characters for that long.

The story isn't as complex as in the previous series (where they're trying to stop Lucifer, so complex would be expected there) this is a home grown mystery. Which I'm sure would have led to more amazing complexity and another great adventure had this series been continued. There's something else to hate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment