Friday, July 21, 2017

For the Men: And the Women Who Love Them - Book Review

32189780For The Men: And The Women Who Love Them by Rose Caraway
My rating 4 of 5 stars
Published September 23rd 2016 by Stupid Fish Productions 

The Sexy Librarian, Rose Caraway presents an anthology intended for the fellas and the women who have an appetite for bold, adventurous erotic storytelling. Get ready for; a space pirate, a cowgirl, an anxious odd man out, an undercover agent, lonely ghosts, a taxi driver with an unexpected topsy-turvy fare, a burly biker who just wants to be cuddled, a bride-to-be with one last oat to sow, The Devil offers a golden deal, a mysterious hitchhiker, strangers and a spontaneous three-way, and a reluctant hitman. Escape into the fantastic, the outlandish, and the exquisitely literary. You will find these and many more audacious characters playing out intense sexual encounters.

Featured stories by: Allen Dusk, Jade A. Waters, Terrance Aldon Shaw, Tamsin Flowers, Landon Dixon, Sonnie de Soto, Adrea Kore, D. Lovejoy, Erin Pim, J.T. Seate, Spencer Dryden, Winter Blair, Simon Drax, Lynn Lake, Chase Morgan, Charlie Powell, Josie Jordan, Daily Hollow, Marc Angel, Rachel de Vine, D.L. King, Dorothy Freed, Rachel Kramer Bussel, T.J. Christian, and Emmanuelle de Maupassant  


Sadly I can not remember the phrase that came to mind after reading one of the stories in this book; but it perfectly describe everything I felt for it.

This is not the first book I've read in the genre or even from the Sexy Librarian, and while I can't say I've been around, it is something I have thought about, but this felt like a first for me. It kind of felt like an awakening.
And maybe it kind of is. I've been reading erotic anthologies and novels for seven years now but something felt different with this one; it was like a first taste and like a whole new world was introduced to me.

Now, honestly this isn't a genre that I flaunt when I read it (mainly because I'd rather not have to explain it to my family) but it's also not one I hide away from or lie about. It's not a separate shelf where no one else will see them, they're right up there with all my other books that I've enjoyed. (Well, actually this is my first paperback everything else is ebook, but you get my point.) While I'm not flaunting, I'm also not not known for reading it.

I can't give this book entire credit because this has been a built up for my in the past year but it definitely helped push me into the final realization: read what you love and love what you read; who cares what any one else thinks, embrace it!
And as an extent: be who you want to be.


Clearly, I really enjoyed these 25 stories; they all had something to make them different and that kept me turning the page for more. Despite being familiar with more than a few of these authors it did feel like a first time and I kind of love it for that.

It was kind of like falling into a rabbit hole and not wanting to come back until I'd found everything I could about it. It left me wanting so much more.
If I hadn't been a fan before this definitely would have made me one.

No comments:

Post a Comment